Sunday, July 31, 2011

Patience, who needs it?

“I am personally convinced that one person can be a change catalyst, a "transformer" in any situation, any organization. Such an individual is yeast that can leaven an entire loaf. It requires vision, initiative, patience, respect, persistence, courage, and faith to be a transforming leader.” - Stephen R. Covey

Patience is difficult for most, more difficult for some of us than others. Lately I have found myself lacking patience which has made things even more difficult for me. Luckily I have wonderful caring people around me who love me enough to put up with me and even to remind me to chill out when I need it.

I like Covey's analogy of transformative patience to yeast leavening bread because in life as with making bread, if you try to cut corners and hurry things up, it doesn't turn out the same at all. Unfortunately for some things you simply can't rush them and get the result you are looking for.

Sometimes the courage needed isn't to stand up for what is right this instant, but to have the courage to be patient and let things happen as they would for a while. Some times persistence doesn't mean continuously telling someone what you believe should be done but trying to be persistent with yourself that you should have faith in others.

Thinking out loud is cathartic sometimes isn't it?

Just relax, breathe, and be the best contributor you can to what others need from you instead of focusing on what you think the solution might be.


"At times the road of life can seem dark, cold, and lonely. One day it seems, nothing in the world can stop you from accomplishing your dreams. Then, unexpectedly a situation arises out of nowhere and the doubt, fear, and anxiety creep in. Perseverance Quotes give us the insight and strength to do what's necessary to accomplish your most treasured and sought after dreams and goals. They provide you that little extra boost you need to keep on keeping on even when the world says it can't be done." - Robert Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment